Express orthotics with turbocast is used as a method of external immobilization in injuries. Our specialists recommend turbocast orthoses application on the 5th – 7th day after the injury (when the swelling subsides).
Express orthotics is done with half-finished orthoses having a zipper.
If you have never worked with turbocast you are recommended to visit our workshop. More information on this topic may be found in the section training.
Express orthotics gives you the following advantages:
- half-finished products with zippers are provided both for extremity segments and the whole body (corsets)
- quick choice of the necessary size is made with the help of the table (sizes XXS, XS, S, M, L)
- the orthosis may be applied without any lining, if the latter is needed a thin cotton stocking will do
- comfortable shape of the bandage (with a zipper)
- it may be unzipped and temporarily removed with your permission (for physiotherapy for example)
- to produce an orthosis out of a half-finished product with a zipper one needs only a vessel with water of boiling temperature and a towel
- its production is fast (the final result is achieved in 7–15 minutes)
- the orthosis may be remolded if necessary
- it looks well
- it is light
- it is thin (3 mm)
- due to good roentgen permeability of turbocast x-rays may be performed without removing the orthosis.